Coconut Curry Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 small yellow or white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger (or 1 teaspoon ground)
- 1/2 cup organic broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup organic diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup snow peas (or sugar snap peas)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 cans of lite coconut milk
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- Celtic sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large saucepan or pot to medium heat and add coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Cook, stirring frequently until softened (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add curry powder, cayenne, vegetable stock, coconut milk and stir. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat slightly and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Add snow peas and tomatoes in the last 5 minutes so they don’t overcook.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Chicken, quinoa or gluten free noodles can be added.
Created in the healthy kitchen of Risa Groux, holistic nutritionist. For more recipes, visit risagrouxnutrition on Instagram.