Reiki is the Japanese word for Universal Life Force Energy and is an energetic healing method for healing the body, mind, spirit and soul.
Universal life force within the human body is vibrational energy. It is commonly understood that during stress and illness, energy that usually flows through the body can become depleted, blocked, and unbalanced. Reiki helps raise, replenish and rebalance that energy. Reiki promotes relaxation, a sense of peace, security and well-being that promotes self-healing.
Reiki is administered by “laying on of hands” by a practitioner who has been attuned to the energy by a Reiki Master. Reiki Energy is a spiritually guided intelligent energy that can restore and replenish everything.
How does Reiki work?
Reiki practitioners receive placements (attunements) which raise and accelerate their energy flow. The practitioner provides Reiki sessions by the gentle act of allowing energy to flow out through their hands. Reiki works on elevating the energy level of a person, place, animal, plant etc. Usually after a treatment, a person will feel relaxed sometimes energized and at peace. Reiki energy is always positive; it can never cause harm. Often people may describe a session as a wonderful glowing feeling that feels very relaxing and causes a deep sense of peace and well-being.There are NO side effects. It is non-invasive and safe for all ages from premature babies to the elderly. Reiki can be performed on a person while they are lying down, sitting or standing.
How Reiki sessions can help:
- Reiki is used to complement and enhance all levels of medical treatment
- Relieves stress, agitation, acute and chronic pain
- Assists in the improvement of overall energy levels
- Assists in promoting rest and improved sleep patterns
- Helps to accelerate wound healing
- Provides deep relaxation
- Heals deep emotional issues and trauma
- Releases negative or stuck energy stored in the body and mind
- Balances the overall body and energy centers
- Clears the mind and opens intuitive senses to promote compassionate action towards self and others
- Promotes higher levels of awareness